Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Progress on Final Prototype

So I have started to hammer out a final mockup of our prototype floor plan for HMF - it's still fairly rough, (and you wouldn't believe how long it took to figure out how to import an image onto a transparent object without having a white border...) but I'm pretty happy with the results so far. At the moment, only the rough shape of the store is complete as well as a near finished rendering of the store front, but I wanted to get some feedback - I will continue to post pictures as I progress through Google Sketchup.

3 comments:

pbruns said...

It looks great Jared! I like the dark wood mixed with the tinted glass - that looks perfect

mdowhaniuk said...

WOW JARED! This look unreal, so awesome! I love that you were able to get our anchor logo on the outside glass. The dark tint gives it an edge and the wood goes along with our theme around our name and also our products. I'm wondering if we could so anything special with the handles on the doors? For example, make them look like rope or a paddle or something else you would find on a boat. We should show this to our advisors tomorrow at our meeting and see what they think. It's great though! We should also start a write up on the prototype to give to Evan - what it is we are proposing, how much we want for it, etc.

jrass said...

I actually thought of doing that rope thing too, but I couldn't get it to look good so I ended up scrapping it and going with wood - I'm not quick pro-star at Google Sketchup yet...

Post a Comment