Monday, November 28, 2011

Yet Another Mark Allocation Summary.

I took this from the email that Evan just sent out. I just want it to be on our blog for reference and so we can really make sure we know what's going on. I REALLY hope this is the LAST mark allocation summary.


Summary of Mark Allocation and Assessment Schedule Remaining

Final Pitch (Team) 10% - Presented Thursday Dec. 8

  • I think we are in good shape for the final pitch - all of us could chat about this venture for hours. Also, since all of us were involved in the pitching for our ventures last semester, we have some seasoned vets!
The Package (Team) 20% - Business Plan (Word DOC and Appendices that include completed Pro Forma and Valuation Spreadsheets (XLS). Due Wed Dec 14. Attach to team blog.
  • We have almost all of this on our blog, it's just a matter of organizing it into a business plan. We will refer to the google doc that Madeline set up.
Venture Website (Team) 5% - Due Wed Dec. 14
  • Our website is awesome, thanks again Jared! We should be given the whole 5% for that...
Individual Blog Posting 20% - Cut off Sunday Dec. 11
  • Make sure you guys are on track for the 13 weeks of individual blog postings. Info bits, comments, significant postings, etc. 20% is SO HEAVY!
Team Blog Posting Assignments 10%. As per weekly assignments. Last assignment is completing Valuation Spreadsheet.
  • As for team blog postings, I think we have been doing a great job! Let's refer to his comments in previous blog reviews to be sure...
Prototype Bonus. As per team assignment, review meeting to be mutually scheduled.
  • Madeline has this under control, and our prototype is amazing. So as long as we address the actual building costs, and the shelf space utilization like he said last week then we should be able to get the full 10% bonus that we proposed!


We should refer to the previous blog review to make sure we are on track. I will post the previous one so that we have it here for quick and easy reference.


4 comments:

mdowhaniuk said...

As per the prototype bonus, Evan emailed me last night asking if we wanted to meet him after class on Tuesday Dec 6th to present the prototype to him. However, I know Jared has class at this time...so we need to decide when we can present to Evan that day or if Dec 8th would work better I'm sure he would be okay if we changed the date. We obviously all need to be there for it haha

mdowhaniuk said...

I can't believe 65% of our grade is riding on these last couple weeks.

For our website, I think I might have 2 or 3 more products I want to post (Jared, let me know if you are alright to add those)

pbruns said...

I will be completely shocked if we don't get an A+ in this class. I believe that it's MRU policy to have over 50% of our grade given to us before the withdrawal date.... Which was November 18th. WE DON'T HAVE ANY GRADES YET. Kind of scary... and against school policy. I really hope we are given the A+ marks that we deserve. This has been one of the most demanding class I have ever taken in my 3.5 years at MRU.

I just had to get that off my chest...

mdowhaniuk said...

At this point I have absolutely no idea what our final grade will be. Right now we're sitting pretty low...but that could drastically change once all the other marks are in. To be honest, I'm scared shitless for this class coming to an end. Feels like there is not enough time to get everything done, especially with two other major group projects that I have due next week as well.

I feel your pain Pat - right there with you

Post a Comment