Friday, November 25, 2011

Small Changes

After Jordan mentioned the need to allocate some floor space to the cashier desk, I revised the floor space allocation numbers.

Once I had those numbers, I was able to look at $/sq ft of shelf space. In doing so, I realized that we had an excessive amount of shelf space. It used to be 600sq ft that was designated to shelving, but after playing with the numbers while doing $/sq ft of shelving, I changed it to 462sq ft, and increased the sq ft of free space. It seems like a much more efficient use of our space.

Check out my infobit called "Walmart Begins selling Square Processor", and let me know what you guys think of maybe implementing this system into our store. By using the Square Processing service, we could further decrease the size of the cashier desk since it would only be taking debit and cash transactions.


0 comments:

Post a Comment